Sunday, April 28, 2013

Have researchers found a cure for cancer?



Researchers found a "dream drug" that may revolutionize the medical world. 

Cancer has been probably the most feared disease among those who are are affected by it. Throughout history, millions of dollars have been spent on research trying to find a cure for this fatal illness yet results have lacked success. When one is diagnosed words such as "hopeless" and "death" race through their minds. However, researchers may have found a new drug that can bring promise to that hopeless patient. Supposedly a one of a kind drug for the treatment of cancer has been discovered that will kill every type of cancer tumor. 
Up until a few months ago, there have been four standard methods of treatment: surgery, chemotherapy, immunotherapy and biological therapy. The main objective of these treatments is to remove the cancerous cells without harming the rest of the body. Yet this can be challenging at times because even if only one cancerous cell remains after treatment, it has the potential to cause a new tumor. Treating cancer may seem like a daunting task. Fortunately with advancements in medicine and surgery many new ways of treating cancer have been developed. These developments include this dream drug that will destroy tumors and end the growth of the cancerous cells in one's body. 

Mice with cancer cells have been cured using this drug, but will the results be as effective on humans?



This drug is so special because it blocks a protein called CD47 that basically completely destroys the body’s immune system.  Even though the protein is produced in healthy blood cells, researchers have found out that cancer cells produce an unreasonable amount of this protein that ultimately tricks the immune system into not destroying harmful cells. Knowing this information, researchers built an antibody that blocks CD47 so that the body’s immune system can continue to attack dangerous cells. However, researchers have not tested this new antibody on an actual human yet. Stanford University have distributed this dream drug on mice with human breast, ovary, colon, bladder, brain, liver and prostate tumors transplanted into them. Each outcome has been positive; the antibody forced the mice’s immune system to kill the cancer cells. Scientists’ at Weissman of the Stanford University School of Medicine in Palo Alto, California have showed that “even after the tumor has taken hold, the antibody can either cure the tumor or slow its growth and prevent metastasis.” The only side effect found for the treatment so far was that healthy cells were subjected to short-term attacks by the mice’s immune system. However, this small effect is nothing compared to the damage done to the cancer cells. Researchers have received a grant of $20 million to move there testing from mice to humans. This drug makes you wonder what the future can bring. Above Dr. Robert Andrew's gave his opinion on this drug. Andrews seems skeptical that the results will not be as successful on humans as it has proved on mice, yet he agrees that this could be the future of science and medicine and that it will ultimately save millions of lives one day. After conducting an interview with a random person on the street, it seems that many people agree that this drug will be successful in many years to come.



Although faith of finding a cure is in sight, many scientists are not too optimistic...

There are over 100 different types of cancer, and each is classified by the type of cell that is initially affected. Tumors can grow and interfere with the digestive, nervous, and circulatory systems, and they can release hormones that alter body function. Tumors that stay in one spot and demonstrate limited growth are generally considered to be benign. However when the tumor does spread to other parts of the body only to destroy healthy tissue, the process of metastasis occurs. The result of this process results in a serious condition that is very hard to treat. This dream drug may be able to stop tumors from spreading, or tumors from emerging at all; though there are reasons many researchers and scientists are doubtful that this drug will work. Despite decades of heavily funded and widely proclaimed cancer research, cancer has been the leading cause of death in developed countries and the second leading cause of death in developing countries; the five-year survival rates for most cancers have not changed since 1972; the rates of some cancers have increased; and one in eight deaths in the world are due to cancer. Cancer causes more deaths than AIDS, tuberculosis, and malaria combined.

With advancements in technology, we are on the right track to cure cancer. 

The current options for treating cancer were built upon success from the past. The progress made in the past century has cleared the path for continued achievement. In 1892, the first mastectomy for breast cancer was performed. In 1900, Thor Stenbeck was able to cure a patients skin cancer using small doses of radiation therapy. In 1979, the most frequently mutated gene in human cancer, p53, was discovered. Today in 2013, scientists are coming together with technology gurus to design a mobile phone game to speed up cancer cures. These amazing achievements bring confidence to cancer patients that there will one day be a cure for cancer with the right advancements in technology.

5 comments:

  1. Special thanks go to God almighty for using dr. oraede in curing my Cancer disease, I was having a lung cancer and doctor told me that I have two years to live, that news brought sadness into my life, I was depressed, don’t know what to do. One faithful day I saw a testimony on how a spell caster cured a lady, who is called Rachael Mark, due to her testimony the man is a great man, quickly I copied his email, then I contacted him and he asked me not to bother myself that all my problems are over. I was happy to hear such words, he told me to buy some items, though I couldn’t find the items myself he asked me to send down the money to buy the items for me, faithfully I sent him the money he bought the items and prepared a cure for me. He told me that he is going to send the cure through courier delivery service, I paid to the courier delivery service, then, I got the cure, he instructed me on how I will take the cure. I took the cure and I was freed from the cancer, I went for scanning, the cancer was no longer there. I am very grateful for what he did for me. If you have any disease you can contact him via email on dr.oraedespellhome@hotmail.com, if you don’t have an email you can contact him through his mobile phone number on +2348161879468.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know that there is a great spell caster who can cure any deadly
    disease. Like Cancer, Hiv, syphilis, e.t.c. Well my main reason why i
    am writing this right now is to inform the whole world about the great
    deeds, Dr. okorom did for me. I was diagnosed of this deadly disease
    in the year 2000 ever since then i was taking my medications, until i
    met the great spell caster, though i never believed in spell. I saw
    many testimonies on how a great spell caster cured thier deadly
    diseases. I contacted him through his phone number. I called him, he
    asked me to send him my email, which i did. He gave me a form to fill,
    I filled it and send it back to him. He told me that his god's
    required some items in which he will use in casting a curing spell on
    me. I don't know where to find the items he required. He told me that
    the only alternative is for of to send him the money, then he can help
    me to purchase the items from the items sellers. I promised myself to
    do anything to get cured. I sent him the money. He bought the items
    and casted a curing spell on me. Two day later he asked me to go for
    check-up, when i did the check-up i was tested HIV Negative. If you
    passing through hardship and you need a way out, kindly contact him
    via his email on dr.okoromspellhome@live.com or call +2348127147869

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello my name is Harrison i know a renowned spell caster you can also visit and also send him a message through his mail mosthighsolutiontemple@hotmail.com because he helped me when i had issues with my Girlfriend, because we had quarrels and she never wanted me back, if you need the right place to solve your problems MOST HIGH SOLUTION TEMPLE is the right choice. He is a man that has been casting spells now with 25 years experience. He can cast spells for different purposes like.

    (1)If you want your ex back.......
    (2) Herbs to cure HIV/AIDS, and CANCER....
    (3)If you want a child......

    Contact Him today on:
    mosthighsolutiontemple@hotmail.com
    Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. its a pleasure for me to write this testimony about this wonderful thing that happened to me last week on how i got my HIV aids cured, i have been reading so-many post of some people who were cured of HIV, but i never believed them, I was hurt and depressed so I was too curious and wanted to try dr.Jerry then i contacted him on his email on Dr.jerryspellhome@gmail.com, when i contact him, he assured me 100% that he will heal me, i pleaded with him to help me out, its a great success that he healed just as he promised, he told me that in three days time that i should go and check on my HIV status, I was floored that when i went to the hospital to check of my status that i was HIV negative, i never thought possible that dr.Jerry can do miracles, i never really believed in magic but I played along with a little hope and and faith and after everything but dr Jerry changed my life and made me a true believer you can contact him on ( Dr.jerryspellhome@gmail.com ) or call +2348156769001 so he can help you out also..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am Mr lucky , my wife was suffering from HIV and the doctor told me that there was nothing that he could do to save my beloved wife. Then a friend told me about the herbal medicine that can cure HIV, i told him that my wife’s HIV was in the last stage that i don’t think the Herbal medicine would cure it and he persuaded me to try it, for the love of my wife, i decided to give it a try.I did some research and i found a doctor who helped me with the herbal medicine to cure my wife’s HIV and he assured me that after THREE WEEKS the HIV would be gone. kpeledesolutiontemple@gmail.com

    I bought it and she used it,it worked exactly as the doctor prescribed it. Thanks to doctor Kpelede for taking away sorrow in my life. can you all imagine, that my wife have a 6 years old daughter and a 3 years old son, what would i have done.. God will bless Dr. Kpelede for helping me with herbal medicine and for his support and care.contact him for help: kpeledesolutiontemple@gmail.com or call him on his phone number:+2347038111854 what can i say unto my LORD, all i have to say is THANK YOU LORD.

    ReplyDelete